Dan, Honey and I are new residents in Dublin, California. Dublin is a very cute town smack in the middle of the two busiest freeways in the Bay Area which is great for two young adults looking to get their career on! Dublin is right next to Pleasanton which is where Dan was raised from the 6th grade till he graduated High School. We pass his old stomping grounds everyday. We live in a complex called the Springs which is right on top of a historical site. In 1822, a Mexican Soldier, Jose Maria Amador, began to build the first community in Dublin, also known as the Tri-Valley area. Our physical complex is about 50 feet from where he built his home and raised his family. I believe the swimming pool and hot tub sit where his home sits, so I must be living where the chickens were raised...LOL. Jose Amador has many places named after him, including, Amador High School which is where Dan graduated. Pleasanton is also the sister city of Tulancingo, Mexico. In High School, Dan was sent to Tulancingo, Mexico as a foreign exchange student and represntative of it's sister city, Pleasanton to speak with the Spanish speaking Kiwanis and Key club members in Mexico. I dont have any photos of this enriched history of Dublin, but I thought I would share some photos of our new home. We like it here. It is smaller than our home in Aloha, Oregon, but we are very grateful we have less yard work to do.


1 comment:
Nice place you have there. As long as your heart is there you can call it home. Glad you like it.
Post a Comment