Thursday, February 22, 2007

So this is where I spend most of my time, my new job. I am a Help Desk Support Specialist for the Information Systems Department which means I take on all types of hardware and software support issues. We have doubled in size, now 300 employees as we have merged with another company in the past few weeks. 95% of the employees are off site which means I tackle the problems remotely. Its been a lot of fun and a great learning experience.




This is our server room, much smaller than where I got my IT experience at Acumed.

This is the coolest part of the server room, its a collection of energy drinks. A third shelf has been started in the 2nd portion of the server room to add to the collection. These guys have bought energy drinks from all over the world, its pretty awesome.

My latest project was to set up this Polycom video conference system. As you can see, the snapshot shows three picture in picture, I just called the guy on the left (he's in Texas and doesn't know me) but I called him anyways. This system will allow Management to meet from three different locations so that they can have in-person meetings without the cost of flying to each location. The monitor is 36" HDTV LCD and we have been begging our boss to let us bring in the Wii for testing purposes only.

This is our IS Department office, I work with two other people, Mike and Don. Its a bit of a boys club but most of I.T./I.S. is that way. Boys are stinky!!!

This is me at my desk! I have a terrible habit of not wearing makeup to work. I am still working on that.

And this is today's sky above my work! LOL. Just thought this was pretty.

1 comment:

Morsel said...

Yeah, I get it, the weather is nice there. :-)

I love that video conference setup! Thanks for sharing the pics!