Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hello from San Francisco! This weekend we had a wonderful surprise visit from Mom and Tim. On Saturday, the ladies took in some shopping and lunch. On Sunday, we gathered together at the Fisherman's Wharf. Early celebrations had began and some children were adorn in clothing fit for the Chinese New Year (the year of the pig), Happy New Year from Chinatown. Pier 1 was filled with bicycles, healthy strong people and an enthusiastic energy as the city celebrated the Tour of California. Tour of California began in San Francisco today and is an eight-day, 600 mile bicycle race across the state.

Mom and I meeting up at the Embarcadero Station.


Tim and Gary at the starting point of our day, Pier 1. Tim is happy to be visiting the city where he grew up.


Mom, Tim and Daniel...Alcatraz is the island to the left of Tim.

Uncle Gary finds his heart in San Francisco.

I am thrilled at how well the seagull posed for me. Its as if she wanted her photo taken.

Every visit to the wharf means a visit with the seals. The background is pretty cool.



Dan gets bibbed up for a crab and chowder lunch at the Crab House.

Tim, Mom and Valerie taking in the view and enjoying the sunshine.

Alisha and Dan, its good to be home.

Me, taking a moment to watch the tulips bloom.

Coit Tower and a crappy sign that I need to photoshop out of this picture. Coit Tower sits on top of Telegraph Hill. We walked from Pier 39 to Pier 1. This was one of the many views we passed along the way back to the Bart Station. A common tourist trip is to walk up to the top of the Coit Tower. Dan and I made the journey once in 1998.

My Mom, "I like Bling Bling".

A day in San Francisco is a day filled with expressionism and art.

I enjoy the lighting in this photo.

A trolley passes by.

Mom and Tim, leaving the City. We love you and are so grateful that you came down this weekend.

3 comments:

Morsel said...

Oh S.F....gotta visit someday soon! You look quite a bit like your Mom, BTW!

Monkey Brat said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!!! Lots of stuff to do and great company... I have always wanted to go back to the Exploratorium in SF but haven't got the chance. Had a great time there in 97' for a sixth grade trip. Glad that you enjoyed the weekend you look very happy and the picture of the sea gull turned out great looks amazing how close up it is...

Sarah said...

Ahhh S.F. Pier 39, clam chowder in a bread bowl. I do miss CA a little. Maybe sometime soon I can just take a trip to SF. My friend from FL was just there in Jan. went to San Simeon to watch the Elephant seals birth! Great pictures Lish. Love ya