Tuesday, March 20, 2007

We did it!!!

Dan and I ran/walked our first 5k (3 mi.) event. Each year the City of Dublin has a St. Patrick's Festival weekend, including a 5k Fun Run/Walk. We plan to make this a family tradition and continue to beat our own records. We came in at an whopping 52.04 minutes; we walked most of it but managed to jog a complete mile. There were over 1,500 participants with 1st place coming in at 16.22 and last place in at 1:21:16. These pictures are just showing off our bib numbers. If I can find any event pictures online, I will post them at a later date. Cheers to good Health! Happy St. Patrick's Day!





You know your man loves you when he is willing to wake up at 6:00 a.m. on a Sunday to jog 3 miles with 2,000 strangers. I have to admit, this was my crazy idea and Dan was super supportive. On to our next run!

3 comments:

Monkey Brat said...

Alisha, that is soooo great. That is awesome that Dan is soo supportive. It makes exercising so much easier when you have someone to support you and keep you company. We are looking forward to the cancer walk here in June, and we too are starting a program designed for Veterans to loose weight, Darren is doing great and it is helping me to choose the right foods to eat as well. Glad that you have such a great support person and that you had a good time.

Sarah said...

Alisha that Is GREAT!! Double Kudos for you and Dan. Sounds like you two are off to a great start. You look awesome even though I can only see your behind!! Our best ASSet right?!! You go Girl. We are so proud of you and Dan for being so supportive.

Morsel said...

Way to go!