Friday, August 14, 2009

These pictures might be a little tiny but so is our baby! We had our very first ultrasound on Wednesday, August 12th. And at 10:47 a.m., I heard her heart beat for the very first time. I LOVED every moment of the beat. And what a fast beat it was. I have been eagerly waiting this day and even as I type, my smile is wide! Along the way we found out that I am not 10 weeks pregnant but rather 14 weeks. Who would have thought I could have skipped a months worth of pregnancy in a day. Needless to say, I feel GREAT! Still no morning sickness although I am learning that my love of spicy food may need to take a rest for a while. She doesn't seem to have the same love for jalapenos as I do...in time though. My belly is getting really hard and I feel what is commonly referred to as a baby bump. When I first saw the baby, she had the hiccups, it was so adorable! The doctor asked that I talk during the ultrasound to keep her moving and sure enough, she shot me a wave with her hand full of 5 tiny fingers. The doctor says her spine is beautiful and that she is nice and big. We are very happy to hear this good news and next month we already get to know the sex.

Here's what Baby Center has to say on our little one...fun facts!
This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and his spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.



No comments: