Friday, April 27, 2007

I love to fiddle with words and have embraced writing. I am no poet and lack the skills to woo you, but I will share one of my pieces with you now. As many of you know, I have come to love California by simply leaving it for a while. I have written the peace discovered within that.

My California Love

The Scent of warmed roses
The copper glow of poppy tops

The once greened hills now
drying my borrowed Golden moments

You warm my face beyond this place
Your wind brushes away my fears
It is the sun that dries my tears

The Wild West it just feels like the best
I don't even want to know the rest

You embrace us all, skinny and tall
With this love, I will not fall

Our Mother has called us home
A sharp reminder of a brighter tone

As this sound came crashing down
I have finally found my town

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is wonderful Alisha and so true of CA. I may not live there no longer, and may never will, but this is the way CA will always make me feel. good work. Can't wait to read more from you.