Thursday, February 05, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!!!!

What a truly much needed inspirational event. I am both honored and saddened by this years election. Honored because we have finally broke a major barrier but saddened that the barrier exists at all and that it still exists. The Inauguration of Barack Obama was a monumental day for ALL Americans, even if you voted for the wrong guy (shame on you). There is much work to be done and I have no doubts that the right guy was elected for the job. Dan and I are at the tail end of this economic crisis, being both unemployed due to lay-offs and seeing our IT careers off-shored for the past 8 years, it is beyond the biggest struggle and obstacle I have ever faced in my life. But challenges are what enrich us and this home, our American home will be enriched. I guess you can call it the "Audacity of Hope". Got Hope? I do now...

The viewing of Inauguration of Barack Obama was held at the Oakland Arena, CA
Today was a day meant to be spent with fellow Democrats because "Yes We Can" just became the "Yes We Did"!



What we look like at 7:00 a.m. on Inauguration Day...happy and hopeful.

The Oakland Arena filling up nicely!

No comments: