Thursday, November 09, 2006

Weight Watchers Member!!!!

I have finally joined Weight Watchers! My first day was Monday, November 6th, 2006. I started the Flex Points program in a generic manner almost a year ago. Due to two very cool Oregonians, Martha and Katie, I got a hold of a points counter and daily journals to jot down my points, food, weight, activity, etc. I lost a total of 40 lbs in the past year following the plan to the best of my ability without truly being a WW member.

My birthday is this month, November 24th, the busiest shopping day of the year. I am very excited about that! As a gift to myself, I started the e-tools online Weight Watchers program. All food and activity points are calculated for you and the data is available for future readings in my online plan. I have access to an overwhelming amount of message boards for us gals and guys to discuss our weight issues and pretty much anything else that we want. We swap ideas, nutritious recipes and how to eat at restaraunts in a healthy way that is condusive to our personal goals. We also talk politics, personal interest and share stories with eachother.

This coming Monday is my first Weigh In (WI). Im down a couple of pounds already this week and yes, I celebrate each pound loss with a Happy Dance.
Wish me luck and love in the journey as it will need to consume me. I have began to realize, this is no longer about fitting into a smaller size and looking fabulous in a tight pair of jeans, this is about staying alive and being as healthy as I possibly can.

In addition to WW, I have recently started kickboxing classes, 3 days a week. I am learning some Martial Art techniques as well from a Sensei, Japanese Instructor. And with the sun always blazing in California, Honey and I go for daily walks that sometimes turn into a jogging affair. Along with my sushi addiction, I am discovering a whole new me in the Bay.

See below for some before pictures and watch me melt right before your very eyes.

40 lbs gone!!!!
September of 2006



30 lbs gone!!!!

April of 2006




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Alisha that is so awesome. Good for you. I was doing weight watchers after I had Audrey and dropped 30lbs right away. But then I didnt' have anyone to watch the little one while i went to meetings and stopped. I am proud of you and keep up the good work. Healthy living means a healthy and long life!!

California Poppy said...

I dont go to any meetings, not face to face that is. All of my WW is accomplished through E-Tools which is cheaper than the in-person meetings. And for me, that works better because I love to be on the laptop! There are online message boards to discuss just about anything, swap recipes, an online points calculator so no more hand written booklets or evidence as I like to call it.